The Wall Stud Granite Bracket for countertop support attaches to the inside wall stud, creating a floating support for all types of countertops.
Prices Start at Only $26.95
The Wall Stud Granite Bracket (FWM) is used for countertop support. By attaching itself to the inside of the wall it hides the support bracket from view, that’s why it’s called a hidden brace sometimes. The Wall Stud Granite Bracket is used primarily for countertop support along a wall. Installers can use the vertical studs every 16″ to brace the countertops up. The flange will be attached to the stud in the wall by 6 offset mounting screws. The flange, with its extra heavy wield is of course attached to the supporting granite bracket to support its section of countertop every 16″.
The Wall Stud Granite Bracket is designed with the understanding that installers needed a way to support countertops directly of a wall.
To support the countertop the bracket uses to distinctive set of principles:
- Pull force -> Stress effect – The top part of the flange uses 3 off center screws to connect directly into the stud.
- Push force -> Compression effect – The bottom part of the flange uses the compression forces to sink the grip of the #12 screw into the stud.
The bracket is supported laterally and in the center of the granite bracket flange. This produces an incredibly strong and secure system when supporting a countertop. By using “Pull Force” from the top part of the flange and “Push Force” from the underside of the flange it will never let a countertop or bar down.
This bracket is made for the heavy wall mounted countertops and shelves:
- Industrial bathroom countertops
- Hotel bars and restaurants countertops
- High end home improvements in kitchen and bathrooms
The Wall Stud Granite Bracket is the perfect hidden support bracket for floating heavy, solid surface countertops made from such materials as granite or quartz. We see these brackets used to float everything from granite countertops to hardwood desks.
The Wall Stud Granite Bracket comes in lengths up to 22 inches long with a 8 inch vertical flange. The vertical flange has six 1/4 inch mounting holes and attaches directly to the side of the wall stud. We include six #12 lag screws with the product.
Bracket lengths are a tip-to-tip measurement so approx. 3 – 4 inches of the bracket will be sitting behind the drywall when installed. To get the correct size bracket for your project order the bracket length that matches the depth of the granite. For example, if you are installing a 20″ deep vanity, order a 20″ bracket.
If you need to remove sheetrock in order to mount your brackets you can easily patch the sheet rock with a “quick patch” kit available at your local hardware store.
The Wall Stud Granite Bracket, like all of the metal granite brackets we sell are made from hot rolled high quality American Steel.
Why is the steel so important?
The Wall Stud Granite Brackets are made from only the highest quality steel. Some of the other stone braces or “granite brackets” on the market are made from cheap steel, imported from foreign distributors in China or even Turkey. This cheap steel is a shortcut to profit, but sadly it’s also the low road to quality. We only sell granite brackets that are made fully in America and only using American Steel.
For for quality, safe, countertop metal brackets call 800-279-1455.
General Granite Bracket Specs Link Click Here
When ordering The Wall Stud Granite Bracket:
- When selecting a size the measurement of the bracket will be “tip to tip” – the total length of the bracket.
- Three inches of the bracket will be inside the wall mounted to the stud.
- These brackets require a wooden stud. If your installation is on metal studs you will need to install wood blocking that extends from the floor to at least 24″ above the top of the bracket flange.
- We recommend a 3-4 inch set back from the edge of the top so a 20″ top would require a 20″ – 21″ bracket.
- A “right-side” flange will mount on the left side of the stud – conversely a “left-hand” flange will mount on the right side of the stud.
- Choosing the “Universal” option allows you to mount the bracket on either side of the stud. However, the beveled edge at the end of the bracket has been eliminated as a trade-off.
The Granite Bracket Countertop Calculator Tool will help you figure out how many Countertop Granite Brackets you will need.
6 Powder Coated Colors to Pick From!
The Wall Stud Granite Bracket Specs:
|Top Bracket Lengths||9″- 22″|
|Top Mounting Holes||Nil|
|Flange Mounting Holes||6|
|Top Bracket Thickness||.5″|
|Top Bracket Width||2.5″|
- Pony Walls
- Island Base Cabinets
- Granite Bar